Happy New Year Sage Canyon Ranch Homeowners!
We hope this finds you well and rested after the holidays, and looking forward to a healthy 2021!
Thanks for those that have participated in our holiday decorating contest! Thanks to all who sent in pictures as well as those who voted. The time has come to announce the winners of the Sage Canyon Holiday Decorating Contest! We would like to congratulate these homeowners on their decorating prowess for 2020! Thank you, as we all needed something lovely to look at this year!
First Place Prize: 1127 Ariana Road
Second Place Prize: 1160 Ariana Road
Third Place Prize: 1139 Ariana Road
If you are a winner, Avalon Management will be mailing you your prize this month! Congratulations!
In the New Year, you will notice our common area trees being trimmed and cared for by Four Season Tree Care. If you see them in our common areas, they will be pruning, trimming, and shaping our healthy trees and removing any dead, dying, or sick trees. This process is completed at least every two years, but should be done annually. With COVID, we have gone a little longer than usual. Keep in mind that homeowners’ trees should be cared for at least once a year as well.
In addition, we have hired a new landscape company, Park West, and they will be taking over in February. We look forward to working with them, and seeing our common areas looking much healthier under their care this year!
Both companies should have identifying uniforms and trucks in order to easily know who they are, if you are concerned about them in the common areas behind your homes. The new work will commence in February.
At the last HOA meeting, we had the San Marcos Fire Department present to us a power point regarding defensible space around our homes and providing information for homeowners on a variety of topics regarding wildfires in our area. Here is the website to access some of that information through short informative videos if you missed the presentation:
Thank you to all homeowners who have worked so hard in 2020 to keep your homes maintained and your yards kept up. We see a great many trees trimmed, new turf grass, and great aesthetic value added that helps us maintain our rising home prices! Keeping homes updated and maintained adds to the value of our homes. All of these changes in the front and back yard have been approved by the board and Avalon Management company. Thank you for adhering to our policy!
Thinking about keeping our home prices soaring in the new year, it would be a great time to add some house and yard maintenance to that resolution list! Here are some thoughts and reminders:
- Remove all Christmas and Holiday decorations as soon as possible! This can turn into a violation letter, if not done in a timely manner!
- Call a tree service to have your trees pruned for the new year both in the backyard and front yard, if you did not do this in 2020. Any trees that are overhanging fences, close to homes, or overhanging neighbors’ yards need to be attended to. Trees are mature and grow better with maintenance. If you need a tree service, let us know! We can recommend a few.
- Palm trees also need to be pruned. In addition, if they are yellowing due to the winter rain, they need fertilizer, which is an easy fix.
- If you plan on painting, please adhere to our approved paint colors, which are on the website. In addition, Sherwin Williams, where the paint colors are from, can provide free consultation as to which approved colors would look best with your trim and home, if you are looking to change your colors. If changing colors, you must submit an architectural plan.
- Please sweep up all mulch, bark, and leaves that have been displaced with our winter storms. Thanks! Your neighbors will appreciate it and your house will look much nicer!
- Start maintaining both back and front yard landscaping, including slopes. Slopes with dying ground cover should be replanted.
- Monday morning is the earliest trash cans should be put out. Bring in trash cans by Tuesday night.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Have a Safe and Healthy New Year!
Sage Canyon Ranch Board Members and Avalon Property Management Company